Monday, September 9, 2013

Introduction



This blog is dedicated to documenting my experience as an AmeriCorps Member stationed at the Prince William Sound Science Center (PWSSC) in Cordova, Alaska. My job will be environmental education and outreach, including visiting classrooms, assisting with a weekly lecture series, summer camps, podcasts, social media, and science festivals. I am a graduate of Iowa State University; I have a BS in Environmental Science. This is the first job I found after graduation that involved my area of expertise; I was on the job search on and off for over a year. I have been married for a year to an amazing woman, and you can read about her take on this situation here.

The title of this blog was inspired by the “Cat Facts” meme and will serve as my gimmick to keep you all interested beyond the minutia of my life. Every post will include a fun fact about bears, and I’ll keep a running count of how many bears I have seen.

2 comments: