Sunday, September 15, 2013

Day 7: Untitled



(September 15)
Bear Sightings since last post: 0
Total Bear Sightings: 0

BEAR FACT: You can't outrun a bear.

Today was my last day before I start work. It was sunny out for once, so I took the opportunity to take a hike. I walked partway around the lake, saw some planes land (on land and on water), and took some pictures.

New desktop background!

I took my dinner out on the back deck and watched the sunset, I didn't feel like I should give up any sunlight while I've still got it. The meal was punctuated by the splashes of fish jumping out of the water. My temporary roommate, Emily, flew back to Oregon today, depleting the fish stores considerably.

Sad freezer.

Its a little strange being up here by myself. Not in a scary bear/axe murderer attack sort of way. It's just been a really long time since I haven't had a roommate. I'm looking forward to some human interaction at work this week.

I thought I’d extend this post a little with a bit of sticker shock. I present to you: Excerpts From a Cordovan Grocery Receipt.

Black Beans - $1.20/can (bulk)
Prego Pasta Sauce - $4.65
Ground Beef - $3.87/lb
Eggs - $3.75/dozen
Milk - $4.49/half gallon

This has been Excerpts From a Cordovan Grocery Receipt.

No comments:

Post a Comment